Millions of apps are downloaded everyday on smartphones only to be deleted a few minutes later. Have you ever downloaded a app and then deleted it because it didn’t do what it promised? I bet you will answer YES – Why is this such a common occurrence? And is there anything to that can be done to ensure you app stays on a phone instead of on the app scrap heap?
The fact of the matter is, there is no area in software development rifer with this problem than mobile development. In a rapidly growing mobile market – so unlike desktop and web-based software, the mobile app market is fickler where loyalty hinges on a good interface and fast functionality – you do not get a second chance to make a first impression!
It’s for this very reason mastering the art of mobile testing is so important for any company who wants to remain competitive. Mobile app testing is hard work: having fresh eyes look at your app can ensure it has no hidden surprises, keep your app firmly on the users phone, and avoid the app scrap heap.
At Humboldt we like to take the ouch out of testing. Don’t leave things to chance. As App Developers and experts in mobile technology we know the importance of testing.
A typical testing package includes:
- Device compatibility: does your app work across the range of expected devices?
- Functionality: does your app meet its specification?
- Error handling: does your app handle unexpected conditions such as loss of mobile signal gracefully?
- Usability: are key functions of your app obvious and accessible to your audience?
- Security: does your app leak data, or is it vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks?
Let us break your app in test conditions and let us help you, so you reduce the number of your users deleting your app.
To find out more, click here.